After peach picking we had a ton of peaches. We made jam, chutney and ate a bunch, but still had leftovers, so I made some peach muffins to freeze for the winter. I absolutely love having nice, quick things like that in the freezer for when I don’t have much time! I searched and searched for a recipe I was happy with until I came across this one.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoon ground cinnamon1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups pureed ripe peaches
- 2/3 cup 0% greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a 12 serving muffin tray with coconut oil.
- Combine the dry ingredients—cinnamon, baking soda, wheat flour, ground flaxseed and salt in a large bowl. Mix together. In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients—vanilla, vegetable oil, agave, peaches, yogurt, eggs. Slowly stir the wet mix into the dry. Fill muffin tray evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
These came out much more moist than I expected. They aren’t too sweet or too peachy, though. In the future I might add some chopped peaches in the mix as well so you get some chunks as you eat them. As I was adding the cinnamon I was thinking to myself that it would be too much, but really it was just right! Will certainly make them again!