I recently read that Annie’s Cheddar Bunnies contain Autolyzed Yeast Extract…which is basically MSG…so I went on the hunt for a homemade replacement and found this from Weelicious. 4 ingredients & super easy to make? Count me in!
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash salt-free italian herb seasoning (any salt free/herb seasoning will work)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place the first 3 ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add the butter and pulse and until a ball forms.
- Roll out dough 1/4 inch thick on a floured or parchment-covered surface. Slice into crackers or cut out shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (or longer depending on cracker size). Should be just browned on the edges and firm in the center.
Enjoy! These aren’t salty enough for my tastes (see no added salt) but Josh really enjoys them, and bonus, they are cheap! This makes a TON of crackers!
And for everyone wondering — these are the Fox Run animal mini cookie cutters from Amazon!