I tried so many recipes for this before I finally decided just to make my own! It is a super simple recipe and it makes enough to last a while in the refrigerator!
- About 2 cups mixed berries (This is whole fruit, not chopped, so there is a lot of empty space – use less if chopped or small berries like blueberries or raspberries)
- Juice of 1 large naval orange and 1 large lemon
- 4 packets unflavored gelatin (about 3 tbsp. bulk gelatin)
- Combine fruit and juices in a small pot, and cook over medium heat until boiling. Boil about 6 minutes, while stirring, until the fruit begins to break down.
- Puree in a blender until no chu
- nks remain. Allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer back into pot and wisk in gelatin one packet at a time, ensuring no chunks form.
- Pour into your molds and refrigerator until set, about 4 hours.
- Remove from molds and store in a sealed container.
I can’t tell you exactly how long these last because they go pretty quickly, but at least two weeks! They do need to be refrigerated…when they aren’t they tend to melt unlike the store-bought ones, but for the price and the ease (and no added ingredients!) these are amazing!